Wednesday, January 7, 2009

I Go Basement!


If anyone in my house opens the door to go into our basement at any time, I go "nuts," according to my mom. You see, there's lots of fun stuff down there, and if my parents or my brother or my sister are headed down, I will usually start yelling things like "I go basement! Wait for me!" In other words, nobody better even think about going down without me.
Sometimes, they try to sneak down. I often catch my mom trying to open the door very quietly-- but it squeaks, so she is not usually successful. I will come running any time I hear it. Mom says it's kind of like when a dog comes running if they hear food being poured in their bowl. I just can't help it.
There are so many cool things that they keep stashed down there! There are video games, my brother's Nerf guns, a box full of little green army men... And there are also all the noisy toys that have been banished down there, like my fire truck that makes five different cool siren sounds, or the Tickle Me Elmo doll that my sister says creeps her out. It's like Christmas and my birthday wrapped into one! Uh-oh, gotta go - I think I hear that door squeaking!

No comments: